In this note, we shall discuss the foundation for making any circuit, that is, PCB.
- PCB is the base of any electronic circuit.
- PCB is a thin insulating board made of fiberglass, composite epoxy, or other laminate material. It has conductive lines and pads that are etched or “printed” on it. The conductive connections are generally made of copper and are called tracks.
- The copper tracks connect different components on the PCB, such as transistors, resistors, and integrated circuits to each other.
- Electrical connections between various components and the surface of PCB are done through soldering on copper tracks.
- The surface on which components are mounted is called component side and the other side is called solder side.
- PCBs are used in both desktop and laptop computers and many other electronic devices. Motherboard, of a computer is also a printed circuit board. Most TVs, radios, digital cameras and cell phones include one or more PCBs.
- For manufacturing a PCB, generally a film is generated on copper clad panel. The excess copper is stripped away during manufacturing process. Only the copper tracks meant for electric connections remain.
- There is solder mask done on the PCB. Solder mask is usually the green coating on PCB to insulate and protect the copper tracks from environmental factors and to prevent shorting of tracks during soldering of components.
Sides of Copper clad board
Solder side copper tracks for electrical connection
nice mam.it will be exciting to work on it