Electricity is a very versatile and potent form of energy but is dangerous, if not used properly. Most of the accidents occur due to carelessness or lack of awareness of some basic rules that should always be observed when using electricity. To get everything to work, you must be careful, methodical and patient.
Here are a few tips:
- Always use proper tool for a job. For example, never use wire cutter instead of a plier or screw driver instead of a filer.
- Maintenance of tools is very necessary for quality work.
- Proper earthing is must for every electrical equipment.
- Insulation is a must for handling electrical gadgets. Always use insulated tools while working on electric tools.
- Never touch a naked wire which has chance of being LIVE. Whenever there is an open joint, insulate it with an insulating tape.
- Never wear loose or wet clothes while working on electrical circuits.
- Remove the plug from a socket by pulling it from the grip of plug; never pull it from flexible wire.
- You should have proper knowledge about the tool, component or equipment you are handling. Always follow the teacher’s instructions very carefully.
- Concentrate on your work, It will reduce the chances of error. Never try to hurry things in Electronics.
- Co-ordinate your head, hand and eyes during your work. Never indulge in a mischief while working and never disturb others.
Be safe and enjoy the electronics adventure.
First Aid Steps in case of a shock
In case of an electric shock, follow these first aid steps for early recovery:
- Do not panic, shouting will not help.
- Turn off the mains.
- Do not touch : our body conducts electricity, stay two-three feet away. Never use bare hands to drag the injured person.
- Protect yourself: Put on footwear, call for help.
- Have the injured person lay on his back with legs slightly raised and cover him with a blanket. Check his breathing and apply cardio-pulmonary resuscitation if required. In case of burn, cool the affected area with water. Do not apply ice, ointment or dressing on the burnt area.
useful for first class
A must to know
Very useful thanks maam for giving us this fabulous information about electronics now I am more interested in this subject
Thank you ma’am for these wonderful tips.
Thanks,Mam for this interesting information
Thanks mam for this interesting information
very useful and helpful
It should help me in class i still have to read the rest
the best thing is that we can learn and rewind all the older lessons and can know new ones also……..i have read the older blogs also and liked them as they are easy to understand and can remember them as well .i am blithe to avail this oppertunity to enhance my creativety and not only creativity but als knowledge towards electronics….i wait for your upcoming blog
It is very useful to us thanks mam for writting the information about the electronics
Thanks ma’am for this precious knowledge. It is very important to take some precautions.
Thanks mam for this very useful&helpful information
Thank you ma’am for this imortant points
thanks maam for these intresting tips and now I have more intrest in
Extremely important safety measures explained in a very lucid manner.
yes,these points are to be followed when doing something with high voltage. it can even kill us if we do not not follow them.
Very informative. First time I have learnt about safe use of electricity. Basis precaution can save life.