Resistor is a very vital electronic component used in most of the circuits. The value of resistor is marked on it in colour coded form. There is a special code to read this value. Resistor: Value reading
In this activity, we will design a handy tool resistance wheel which will eliminate the need to memorize the values of color rings.
Material Used: Card Board, geometry box, color pencils.
- Draw four circles on a card board of radius 5 cm, 4 cm, 2 cm and 1 cm. Mark there center. Cut these circles. Divide each circle in to 11 parts (10 parts of angle 33 degree, 1 part of 30 degree).
- Color ten parts of the circle in the following sequence: Black, Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow Green, Blue Violet, Grey and White.
- Label each circle as per the table given below.
- The first and second ring is the value ring. The third ring is multiplier and the fourth ring is the tolerance one which is usually gold or silver.
|Color||I Ring||II Ring||III Ring|
- Align all four circles at the centre. Make a hole at the centre of each circle. Take a splitter nail. Insert the nail through all the circles. Bend the nail at the back.
- Our resistance wheel is ready.
Mam now it will be easier to find the resistance value now.
I will definitely try it at home